About The Wedding Singer
It’s 1985. Hair is big, collars are up, and a Wedding Singer is the coolest guy in the room.
Based on the smash-hit Hollywood movie starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, comes a hilarious musical comedy that celebrates all the fun of the 80’s.
Following seasons on Broadway and across the UK, this feel-good musical features your favourite characters, and a sparkling new soundtrack that does for the 80’s what hairspray did for the 60’s.
Robbie Hart is New Jersey’s number one wedding singer and the life of the party. That is until his own fiancee strands him at the altar. Bitter and broken, Robbie begins to make every wedding as disastrous as his own until a warm-hearted waitress named Julia intervenes. Only trouble is, Julia’s about to be-you guessed it-married! Can Robbie pull off the performance of the decade and win the girl of his dreams?
Come join the party and just say YES to this joyful, romantic musical!
- We are looking for Onstage Swings and Ensemble cast members to join the touring company of the show. Cast members need to be strong Triple Threat performers with a strong understanding of comedy and style.
- DVE is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to diversity and inclusion on stage and in the workplace. If you are confident you can fulfill a role’s requirements, you should apply for an audition. We strongly encourage First Nations, people of colour, neurodiverse and gender diverse artists to submit.
- All applicants must be 18 years or older.
- All principal and ensemble roles will be auditioned. Successful cast members will be required to cover/under-study multiple roles.
- Applicants must be Sydney based for this round. Auditions will take place in Sydney only.
- Submissions Due | Wednesday 9 June 5:00pm | Headshot & Resume
- Round Two Auditions | 14 – 15 June | By request only
- Rehearsals Commence | 5 – 18 July
- Performances Commence | From 16 August
Apply For An Audition
All applicants must apply using the below application form. Bookings for round two auditions will be assigned at the discretion of the creative team and you will be notified if required.
ROUND ONE | VIDEO SUBMISSIONS
- All candidates should submit a video presenting one pop/rock song in the style of ‘The Wedding Singer’. Songs should show off vocal ability and character.
- Performers submitting for ensemble and/or roles with strong dance ability are welcome to submit a dance reel or short clip that demonstrates this. This is optional but not paramount for your submission.
- Videos must be submitted as a Youtube or Vimeo link. Please no attachments.
ROUND TWO | IN PERSON
- 15 – 18 January
- Solo singing and group dance calls.
- Successful applicants will be contacted if required to attend.
- 19 – 20 January
- Director | Alister Smith
- Choreographer | Michael Ralph
- Music Director | Daniel Puckey
Please note: Other members of the creative team will be announced in the New Year.
Female presenting Triple Threat performers with great versatility who portray a range of characters in the story. May also be required to cover principal roles.
Age range: 18 – 35 | Vocal: Strong Singer | Dance: Strong Dancer
Male and Female Swing
Male and Female presenting Triple Threat performers with great versatility who will be required to cover ensemble roles.
Age range: 18- 35 | Vocal: Strong Singer | Dance: Strong Dancer
Book by Chad Beguelin and Tim Herlihy
Music by Matthew Sklar
Lyrics by Chad Beguelin
Based on the New Line Cinema film written by Tim Herlihy
Licensed exclusively by Music Theatre International (Australasia).
Presented by David Venn Enterprises Pty Ltd.
Terms & Conditions
- All applicants and successful company members will be required to adhere to strict COVID-19 safety processes and testing as outlined by the company
- Artists must be available for the full audition period. If a performer has any restrictions, please note them on the application form
- All applicants are required to register their interest online
- Applicants will be required to sing and dance during second round auditions if applicable
- All applicants must reside in Melbourne
- Auditions are at the risk and sole financial responsibility of the applicant
- All audition results are at the sole discretion of the creative team and company producers
- Successful artists are required to commit to the full rehearsal and performance period
- Artists will be contracted for run of play and paid equity minimum rates
- All artists and representatives of artists are advised that there are no billing arrangements for any role other than what will be accorded on the title page of the program.
- Cast members may be required to attend additional media calls which will commence as soon as the show is cast
- All audition and casting information is strictly confidential
- If an artist is not prepared to be engaged on these terms, they should not apply for the show
Oops! We could not locate your form.
Oops! We could not locate your form.